Make the Most of Your Zoo Visit
We'd like for every Zoo visit to be the best. So in this section we've provided tips for planning the best routes, a handy list of all the activities available at the Zoo, and a special guide to help start interesting Zoo conversations with your kids and family.
How to enjoy the Phoenix Zoo
By following these simple guidelines and using good manners, a great day at the Zoo can be had by all.
Helpful Tips for Planning Your Visit
Special Animal experiences
- Visit the observation deck across from the tiger exhibit where you'll be able to feed a giraffe and view it nose-to-nose. This experience is available at limited times during the day. See the Information Kiosk in our main plaza for more details. $3 Zoo members; $4 Non-members.
- Hop on top of these humped creatures, right next to Monkey Village and Yakulla Caverns. $4 Zoo members; $5 Non-members. Photos of your experience are available for $5.
- Near our main entrance and the Arizona Trail you'll find the opportunity to pet and feed stingrays. $1 for Zoo members; $2 for non-members. Feeding is extra; please see the ticket center for more details.
- Stop by the Enchanted Forest Amphitheatre near the gift shop for a fun and animal-filled show. Shows run Tuesday - Sunday at 10:30 and 11:15.
- Located at Harmony Farm on the Nina Mason Pulliam Children's Trail, the Petting Zoo is a fun place for children to pet and groom our friendly herd of goats. The Petting Zoo opens at 9:30 a.m. daily.
- Just across from Monkey Village you'll find a magical place to explore - a cave that looks so real you'll forget its not! Yakulla Caverns is open year-round with the splashpad and water slide active March - October.
- Right next to the Endangered Species Carousel is a fun place to cool off. The Leapin' Lagoon spray-ground is open March - October. Be sure to bring a towel!
Fisher Price Little People Discovery Farm - Down at Harmony Farm near the Red Barn you'll find a playground just for little ones (18 months - 5 years). This miniature farm is sure to keep them busy.
- The train departs every 20 - 30 minutes from the main station near the African Savanna and provides a 25 minute narrated tour of the Zoo. $3 for Zoo members; $4 for Non-members.
- Every animal on this carousel is handcrafted and unique. Located just next to the main plaza near Leapin' Lagoon. $1 for Zoo members; $2 for Non-members.
- Right next to Harmony Farm in the old Mill House you'll find the docking area for our pedal boats. Take a 20-minute ride on the lake. $8 for Zoo-members; $10 for Non-members.